http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtri...gazine-threatens-illinois-pro-gun-group/

On Wednesday, John wrote a story about G&A's recent review of the new Taurus .380 "Curve."

He didn't pull any punches.

John called the new pistol a "Turd," and he took the magazine to task for its glowing review, which he said was fueled by advertising dollars.

The next day, he got an email from Dusty Gibson, G&A's Online Shooting Editor, ordering him to remove his post by 8 a.m. Friday morning, or else.

"If the material is not removed by that time, we will seek legal action immediately," Gibson wrote.

"The fact I effectively called into question G&A's objectivity does not, in and of itself, make that a defamatory or slanderous statement," John told me Friday, about two hours after the magazine's deadline expired.

John also pointed out that GSL now has monthly meetings in Peoria, which also happens to be where G&A is headquartered.

"I've never seen them at any of our monthly meetings," Boch said.

I called Gibson to try to find out why his gun magazine would threaten a grassroots pro-gun group.

I'm still waiting for him or any other G&A editor to call me at (941) 284-8553.

Threatening legal action against such a dedicated group of gun folks is classless.

Besides, if the magazine was so offended by John's story, maybe they should have tried talking to him first, before threatening to sue.

"If they had asked nicely, maybe we could have worked something out," John said. "They're stepping in a cow pie, kind of akin to what they did with Metcalf."

I couldn't agree more, John.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell