Hey Seafire, How be ye?

When I saw that you were the author of this thread I knew that I had to read it and see what was happening in Oregon.

I did have a small contribution to add to the 22-250/35g combo with my own little results without all the additional info that you findings present.

I bought some 35g. Hornady NXT's and ran them through a favorite varmint rig, a Rem 700 VSSF I, that is a hum dinger for accuracy. I was pushing that load with 33.8g of RL-7 and through my chronograph I got a high of 4411fps a low of 4246fps and an average of 4329fps with an extreme spread of 165 and a Standard Dev. of 61. Group size was as expected in the .30-.60 but as you already know, a point of impact change.

I developed that load mainly to shoot crows with and after some thought about how much I love that rifle, decided not to shoot anymore of that round out of it other than what is left of the 50 that I loaded up.

I did pop a couple of crows on a day when it wasn't windy at 240 and 320 yards and it looked like somebody held a down pillow full of black down up in a 30mph wind and sliced it open.