You don't say anything about what kind of hunting you do, so it's hard to make a recommendation. In general, I'd suggest you start with the one you'd use the most, likely the .22/250 or the .308, and go from there. That one might best be a stainless/synthetic model so you will be comfortable using it in any weather.

I would strongly suggest that you go slow so you don't find yourself back in the mess that took your guns. Build your battery back one at a time, getting each one completed to your satisfaction before adding any more. You may find that you really need fewer rifles than you first thought. The money you save can pay for hunting trips, good boots, quality hunting clothes, and other stuff that may give you more enjoyment than just having more guns to tinker with.

Think about adding the Ruger Hawkeye to your list. They're all-steel, CRF, and the quality on the ones I've examined has been very good. I bought a Predator in .308 last spring, and it's already a favorite, especially the 2-stage trigger.

I also would suggest that one of your long actions should be a Mauser. Good solid rifles built on FN and Zastava actions are plentiful and very reasonable. Like pre-64s, they just plain work, and are very satisfying to carry and shoot. There's just something about all that forged steel....

Last edited by Pappy348; 11/23/14.

What fresh Hell is this?