So I had dreamed of a Cooper m54 308 win for a while. Finally found one and purchased it. I don't reload, but I didn't think it would be too hard to find a premium bullet that would shoot as I prefer to find one all around load for a rifle and call it good. I have had good luck with vortx ammo and tried the 150 gr ttsx load and it grouped around 3" at 100 yds, federal 150 grain copper load did the same, ironically, federal blue box 150 and 180 shoot great, hornady 150 gr interlocks shoot great as do the fusions. I guess my preference is to shoot a monometal bullet feeling like a good shooting 150 gr or 165 gr copper bullet covers all my bases from deer to bear to moose. Looking for advice or maybe someone with Cooper experience. I guess I could just shoot the 180s if needed or 150s most of the time, I just hate how much meat gets messed up from those softer 150 grain bullets. I have t tried a heavier interlock and have had my eye out for some of the gmx ammo as well. After all the expense of ammo, I should find the time to reload but that time is not currently ing the cards..... Lemme know what your experiences are, thank you.

Last edited by masrx; 11/23/14.