Don't know if this will help the OP or not as I have not used a muzzleloader since Carter was in office, but we purchased an Accura this season and have hunted it about two weeks now. It has many similar features to the Optima so the comparison might be worthwhile.

We bought ours because the mechanism was so easy to open and use, it was the only one we tried that my wife could comfortably open and close. I wanted an encore, but she found it too difficult. The easy open action really is nice, as well as the trigger was fine right out of the box. Turns out it is both very accurate and very easy to clean. We find the breechplug design to be superior to that of the TC we were comparing it too when shopping. Based on these things I can recommend the modern CVA.

The downside to both CVA models is the stock. My wife is ok with it after I cut two inches or so off and put an new buttpad on, but I don't care for it at all. I can't get a cheekwield and the grip is uncomfortably thin. I can shoot it ok from kneeling, but that is it.

If it was up to me I would sell it at a loss and move on, as I value ergonomics more than the ease of cleaning. However, the decision is up to her. I guess that will ultimately depend on if she gets the big buck she has been hunting this season!

Hope the Optima works out for you!

PS. We are using medium Burris signature rings and a Weaver grand slam scope. My wife is shorter than I am by a considerable amount and she seems to be able to see just fine, but I can't get a comfortable head position at all.

Last edited by RexM; 11/24/14.