Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Yar: I began Hunting Antelope in eastern Montana back in 1969 and have Hunted there virtually every year since then.
That is up until the Antelope die-off's that began in the spring 3 1/2 years ago.
In 2,012 I got an Antelope permit for SE Montana but refused to Hunt that year due to LOW populations.
In 2,013 I applied for the first time ever for here in SW Montana (where Antelope populations were not devastated) but was not drawn.
Here in 2,014 I again applied for SW Montana and was successful both in the draw and in the Hunt.
Compared to eastern Montana and Wyoming there are very few Antelope tags offered in SW Montana.
I think it will be another two or three years before I again apply for my beloved Powder River Country of eastern Montana for Antelopin.
I have Hunted virtually every quadrant of Wyoming in the past and from what I have seen and heard recently Wyoming would be your better bet for a 2,015 Hunt.
A non-resident friend of mine applied for and was drawn for his first Antelope tag/Hunt in the Red Desert area of Wyoming and after 4 days of Hunting harvested an excellent Buck Antelope on public land.
I strongly suggest Wyoming for 2,015.
Best of luck to you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG
How many points for your friend to draw the Red Desert?
I have 5 pp's . Went to an OTC unit this year, with the plan to scout a limited quota unit for 2015. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't burn my points this year....