Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Don't hold your breath. After all these years Remington is still trying to figure out how to make a safety that doesn't also double as a trigger occasionally.

Only after fumble fingers "gunsmiths" attempt to adjust them and don't take responsibility for their incompetence. Not, all, but the vast, vast majority are improperly adjusted (sear engagement) and it has been proven time and time again that this is the case. Still feel nervous, spring $80 for a Timney and get a better triggers to boot. Two positions safeties.....? If they were remotely as "dangerous" as many of the m70 cheerleaders would want you believe, then the military wouldn't hundreds of thousands of them ins service in conditions, I might add, that are far, far more demanding for reliable weapons, so spare me the anecdotal BS. How many m70's are in the hands of our troops.......rest my case. Oh and I know this is coming in this juvenile thread, so lets address the issue of the self-ejecting bolt handle. Now, last figures I've heard was that Remington has sold more than 5 million M700, probably even more by now. We see the same guys (less than a half dozen) posting the same several pictures of faulty bolt handles. Now if I were to tell anyone here that if they played the lottery tomorrow and they had a 99.99999999 percent chance of winning, would you buy a ticket ?
Spare me your uneducated opinions Finn. After 5.5 years as a professional gunsmith I have a VERY good grasp of how the Remington trigger mechanism works and what it's design shortcomings are. The problem is caused by one part that no other trigger mechanism utilizes and it is not imaginary, nor does it require improper adjustment to rear it's completely unpredictable, ugly head. But hey, you and the rest of the Remington faithful go right on believing whatever you want. I've been through this debate a time or three before and I know trying to convince you is a complete waste of time.

You are a PISTOLSMITH and I have forgotten more of 700 triggers than you will ever fricking know. And all things rifle related in general. Save it, dumba$$. We HAVE been down this road before. And it has been been well documented that it takes me no time to expose you for the true DUMBFUCK that you are.

Rick Menefee has more knowledge in his pinky finger than you have in your whole body.

Run away and hide now, like you ALWAYS DO. OR, OR, we can debate that in which I will unquestionably expose you for the RETARD that you are. But PLEASE, don't PM me again asking to forgive your perpetual ignorance.........