Originally Posted by Ringman
Notherner,

The first thing to learn is you don't get what you pay for. You get what you shop for. Forget about price and start at the bottom end. My Nikon 7X35 cost about a third of the Zen-Rays but kicked the Zen-Ray's butt in resolution ability.

Do you want low light performance? Do you want wide field of view? Do you want crystal clear optics? Do you want to impress yourself or someone else?

+1 I am with you. Until I can find a pair of roofs that can equal performance for anywhere near the price I will keep going porro.

Wish more folks made a 7x35. I think they are the perfect mix of everything needed for commmon hunting situations and most outdoor activity.

The Nikon Extreme will give you a huge field of view (really important to me), plus great brightness and depth for significantly less price than a decent roof prism. They make it in an 8x40, another great size, too..

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius