Well the day didn't exactly go as planned but I'll take it! While setting up a ladder stand for me and my boys I forgot the straps. I left my youngest son (11) with the stand and told my oldest to go to his stand. While I was returning to the stand and within sight of my oldest son, I heard a shot. Thinking the worst because it had only been about 5 minutes, I hurried to where I had left my youngest son.
With a big grin he said "I got him!" I asked where is he? He replied "over there, I dropped him in his tracks".
[Linked Image]

I field dressed the deer and said "let's take him home." My son said "it's only been 15 minutes, we're here to hunt". I finished attaching the ladder stand and we sat for about an hour when I texted my oldest son asking if he had seen anything. Within a minute he said he was watching a 4-point and was waiting on a clear shot. He Shot! Perfect behind the shoulder placement. I found the deer within 100 yards. It was a 6-pt.
[Linked Image]

I think the smiles say it all!
I am one proud Dad! Both got their first deer on the same day! Now the competition has begun.
[Linked Image]

We still have the rest of the season to hunt!

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB