Originally Posted by Dooger

Also, why do you want more speed?

Somebody in Michigan go over to Doogers home and re-posses his rifle looney card! grin

We hunters have been craving more speed since the plain spear was replaced by the Atlatl, which was replaced with the bow and arrow.... etc. The new 26 Noozler and good sales of the sorta new 204 Ruger is evidecnce that out thirst for speed is still alive and well.

Bruzer, my favorite 30 caliber is the 300WBY. Easy re chamber from a 300 WinMag.

300 WBY's are, IMO and and IME quite accurate and versatile. I have had a couple of 300 RUMS, (Took my biggest Elk, Eland and Kudu with one) and a couple of 300WBY's and I like the 300WBY's far better. Both can push a 180gr pill to 3200fps, or a 165 to 3400 or thereabouts. Flat shooting and deadly. The WBY does so with a lot less noise to my ears. All of the rifles were unbraked. Before doing the re chamber, I would firelap the barrel. After having the re chambering done, I would clean down to bare metal in the bore then treat it with UBC.

Good luck and good hunting!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500