Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
They are great rifles. I wish I would have bought more back in the 90's when they were $350.00 new. I remember running across a 270 win for $270.00 and regret not buying it (still kicking myself in the azz over that one). Last year I had the opportunity to buy a like new 30-06 for $400.00. Stupid on my part to not buy it, even though I had 4 30-06's in the stable already. I have 1 SS MKII 300 win mag boat paddle tucked away for future use. These rifles keep going up in value. The rubber goodyear butt pad sucks and needs to be replaced with a limbsaver or similar recoil pad, especially on the heavy kickers.

I did the same thing - found a stainless .270 Win for $325 at a gun show, didn't buy because they wouldn't come down to $310. Dumb. Went back the next morning to buy it and someone else was filling out the paperwork. Still kicking myself when I think about it.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.