Originally Posted by jimmyp
as a rule I am not sure a 1-7 twisted 30 cal can shoot as good as a 1-10 or so twisted gun with the supersonics. I figured they were 2 MOA guns on average with the 110's and 125's at best. On average I figured the 5.56 guns were easily more accurate, but am willing to learn as I am not an expert and just going on the wisdom of the internet and my shooting of 1 300BO upper with Barnes 110 Vor-TX cartridges.

Also the 110 TTSX is designed to expand down to 2000FPS the 110 Vor-TX is designed to expand down to 1300 FPS. I know the 110 Vor-TX from a 9.5 inch pistol at 55 yards will shoot thru a 120 pound deer's front shoulders and exit with a 25 cent sized hole, compare that to a 3000FPS .25cal 100 grain TTSX on a similar sized deer at a similar range and while both kill the deer the .25cal effect seems to be more "immediate" both applied to the shoulders. However I like challenges and enjoy trying different guns and ammo to hunt with.

the difference your prolly seeing is just due to the velocity difference, the 25 cal going 50% again faster hitting a deers chest cavity is going to make a difference in "shock value".....as far as accuracy, if i ever get the 300BLK upper built for my AR when i start working again its likely not getting shot at the ranges the 5.56 is going to, to me its just intended to be a shorter range gun.....the 5.56 and if i get one 6.5 are meant to stretch their legs....2MOA out of a supersonic Blackout is more than good enough to me for the ranges it will be used given the point of it for me is the subsonic....but thats me YMMV

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books