Originally Posted by j2dogs
Yea was kinda thinking the same thing as everyone on here, my aggravating nature to monkey with things that should be left alone.
Hey Mark, I am running everything through a 6 inch KKM barrel so I can run as hot as the 10 will take it and not worry about anything to much.
I was actually doing pretty good at 70 yds. off my knees with some of the same sort only in Gold Dots. About the size of a coffee saucer with the occassional flyer that would open the group as a whole up to a paper plate. Thanks guys for talking me off my crazy tinker thoughts. lol

I have a bunch of Gold Dots and old Remington Golden Sabre 180's that I plan to load up today for my RIA Tac10. But, if Hydra Shocks was all I had, I would sure carry them and hunt with them and not feel that I had made a significant drop off in performance at all. In fact, I also have quite a few Hydra Shocks loaded up from when components were hard to find a couple years ago and my confidence level while packing them was not affected. My non scientific water jug testing indicated to me that they are a pretty wicked bullet, still. And thier ogive shape makes them feed really slick, too. My handloads push them at 1375FPS, which I am sure helps them open up good.
Quit worying about minutiae' (yeah, I know....that stuff is what makes our world go 'round as gun nuts.....) and go kill some stuff! grin

Last edited by safariman; 11/28/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500