Took my 5 year old female lab duck hunting for the 4th time in her life (I sorta gave it up when she was 1) and the first time we actually killed more than 1 duck. We ended up killing 15 so she got some work in but as the day progressed she wouldn't bring the ducks all the way back to me as if on purpose. She would drop it like 5-8' away from me while I was in the blind We don't have that problem with pheasants where she's had 100+ killed over her. I had to keep telling her "Fetch em up" which is the command for bring the "X" all the way to me.

She didn't really like having to stay in her dog blind and wait even though we worked on her going in there so it's not an issue of her not being used to that "kennel". She's an extremely intelligent and headstrong dog who considers herself 1A to myself being #1. My thought is that she didn't want to have to go back in the dog blind but wanted to stay out and do her thing so she wouldn't retrieve them all the way. She has an incredibly strong hunt drive and is super competitive. If you look up "intense" in the dictionary you will see a photo of Roxy.

Thoughts and how do I fix this? I do run an e-collar on her. Mainly for "no whine" b/c she talks the entire time. You know b/c she's a woman. lol.

Last edited by lewdogg21; 12/02/14.