Let me put in my 2 cents worth in congratulating you on your new toy. My personal "goto" is an Enfield M1917, that I built in highschool shop class. Yes, that's a while ago.
I've carried the rifle for Mule Deer here in Nevada, since it was built, and for Moose and Grizzly when I lived in Alaska.
It's a bit heavy, so I had rebarrelled it to .300 WinMag (long-throat) early on. I keep thinking of going on to either .358 Norma Mag, of .35 Ackley Mag both of which have already been mentioned. Mine, also has been changed to almost everything like the 30s. The stock is a high-comb Fajen , the trigger is a Dayton-Traiseter to match the cock-on-opening bolt. The bolt handle recently has been changed to a more-conventional round-shank with a rear bend.
Of course, the receiver-ring has been turned down like the 30s so I can mount the steel-tubed Weaver V5 with Weaver QD mounts
I've been toild it's heavy, all right, so that's prolly why I use it mostly for stand shooting. It DOES have a bit of "stretch" in it tho', so I don't mind shooting to the next hilltop. (When I've got a younger hunter with me that doesn't mind going on over to start dressing it 'til I get there, lol.
Have fun,
Gene