Originally Posted by 30338
Great buck Scott. Didn't understand what you said about the cuts to the SW. Did you see some good ones down there or were they hanging where you got yours? Just curious and love the brow tines.

Kurt,
What I should have said is I didn't see a lot of activity there but one of my regrets is not spending enough time with those cuts. There are wheat fields further away from both the north and south ends of those cuts and it's logical a mature deer would take up residence there. I glassed the neighbors fields where those draws come up to - that wasn't the way to do that. I needed watch further back into those things.

There is another across the road (to the east) that I never even got to check out. Probably where I should have started though.

The amazing thing to me was how far some of these deer would travel to feed when they've got essentially the same feed a couple hundred yards from their bedding areas!

Like I said earlier, I got a real education last week. And I really enjoy that part of the experience.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D