Originally Posted by Okanagan
My jaws ache in memory of gutting a moose in the dark in the rain in a swamp while holding a flashlight in my mouth. Ditto to those who never want to do that again! It makes a man appreciate headlamps.

In a brilliant innovation I discovered that you can hold a headlamp in your hand when a handheld light is preferred. laugh

When walking on uneven ground, a light held in hand away from eyes makes it much easier to see bumps and dips due to throwing shadows to indicate depth, show trip roots, etc. When the light source is close to the eyes I trip and stumble more.

Ditto to having smallish LED lights stashed everywhere in dresser drawers, night stands, glove boxes, tackle boxes, tool boxes, shaving kit, brief case, etc. Also stash inexpensive knives in most such places.

Added: a headlamp has to be compact and light weight for me, no wires, separate battery packs, etc.

ANd in another discovery we found we could clamp good heat resistant hand held lights to our fire helmets for headlights too. Grins

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....