My father-in-law is retiring @ end of the year. He has most definitely payed his dues and hope he enjoys a long, healthy retirement. I have been kicking around purchasing him a nice grill as a retirement gift. He's not the type to overspend on himself and has always been a fan of the Weber kettles and Kingsford charcoal. His favorite meal is a good pork steak. While I have become a huge fan of the Big Green Egg, I feel and know it's not his style. Otherwise, I would get him one. Anyway, I know him and the mother-in-law aren't fans of food with too much smoke. I have hardly no experience with pellet grills but am wondering if you all think it would be a good match for him? Like I said, he likes doing lots of pork steaks. Maybe an occasional beer can chicken or rack of ribs too. I think simplicity would be right down his alley and that's why I'm thinking a pellet cooker. I'm considering a Yoder or Traeger for him but am open to all suggestions. Also, open to other ideas besides pellet cookers.

What say you???

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD