I last shot/hunted with a bow when I was 14 or 15 so about 20 years ago. Can't seem to draw any tags and open hunts (rifle) just don't afford me the time to be successful due to distance and work requirements. Archery has far more options available and, of course, fewer hunters which is always a bonus! Not to mention the areas I've hunted the last couple of years have been bow range type of cover (took the Ruger SBH and open sighted 77/44 this year).

Was looking at going more entry level like a Surge but decided to upgrade a bit. Couldn't find a single negative review on this bow anywhere. Went with the RTH package deal figuring I could upgrade components later...already did. smirk. Bought a new release last night (Truefire Hardcore Max) and ordered a QAD HDX today.

Anyway, bow came in Tuesday and I wasn't able to get off work before dark all week so I went all Dan Adair and shot inside the house--about 10 yards! (Maybe we should keep that on the DL...).

I REALLY like this bow and am amazed at how far tech has come. My old one as kid was a Bear single wheel or maybe even an old Indian(?)...can't remember. Shot with fingers and those big ole rubber finger guards on the string! smile I do remember missing a nice 6 pt because I hadn't practiced enough from my knees (and maybe a touch of buck fever...grin).

This thing is smooth, fast and quiet with no shock I can feel. I think it will serve me well for many years...unless I get sucked into this and have to have something 'better' in a couple of years! blush

Specs, for those who care....

PSE Drive LT
63# @ 29" DL
Chrony'd a 405 gr at 291 fps with 4" feathers and TT SL drop away.
I'll crank up the weight once I get more practice.

[Linked Image]

Hope you all don't mind if some questions (some potentially stupid) start flying your way over the next few months...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...