http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-512473.html

Learning new things every day.

Again and again I hear it said that what is inside the barrel is mo important that the outside, ie., that a high quality light barrel is mo better than a cheaper heavy barrel.

I don't have the experience across the board of so many rifles and custom builds as many here do. I have an open mind but...

My factory out of the box Remingtons will all shoot sub moa with the right loads. My factory out the box varmint weight barrel rifles shoot sub moa for longer strings. This is all I know.

Fluting they say is just cosmetics.

A bench rest guru up the road splained to me the virtues of the MTU taper once; said it makes em whip less and so on.

I am beginning to wonder how much is voodoo and how much can be explained via scientific process observation, repeatable tests.

Do you have a Kreiger or Lilja that is sporter weight or lighter that will give you a 5 to 10 shot string sub moa?

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.