An update.

I boiled the brine by half. Then added cold water for the other half to speed up the cooling. There really wasn't so much salt that it wouldn't have dissolved in cold water but I figured it might help release the flavor of the other whole spices.

Trimmed the fat and silver skin off the loin after cutting it in half. I picked up some 2 gallon Hefty slide-loc bags as I couldn't find Ziploc bags that size locally. I will never use those again as they do not seal. They let the brine leak out even when the tops were rolled and clipped. Good thing I put them in a plastic dish pan rather than just on a baking sheet as I had planned!

I let them cure in the refrigerator from Saturday afternoon the 6th and took them out yesterday morning. I rinsed them in cold water, patted them dry and then rolled them in corn meal. After that back in the fridge uncovered to them the meal form a coating.

Got them out this morning and sliced some off to fry for breakfast. All I can say is I will be doing this again! Very tasty!

I wrapped the rest in foil and have it in the freezer to firm up a bit for easier slicing in a few hours. Then will package and vac seal for use later.

[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.