I get overheated in fleece. Wool breathes better if you don't get that heavy stuff designed for Minnesota late season deer stand sitting.

For me a single cruiser from Filson is OK for late deer and rifle season for elk in Western WA in Nov. I prefer Swandri stuff for earlier seasons. For pants there are a variety of surplus military from French to Austrian, to Swedish. The Frenchies are good for earlier and the Austrian and Swedes for later. I like the cheap pants because my cuffs get shredded in the timber. I don't wash them very many times. I used them for a few seasons and toss them.

The next best stuff I've seen bang for the buck wise is the Columbia, especially if you're fond of camo.

I've seen KOM, Sleeping Indian, and I own some Weatherby stuff....all way too heavy unless you're going to sit on a wind exposed ridge in the snow.

Another minus for fleece and GoreTex is fire. I like to be able to have a warming fire if I need one or to be near my campfire at the end of the day. Every fleece garment I own has spark holes through it. I won't get near a fire in hign dollar raingear.

Oh, and the Cabelas Outfitter stuff? Not worth the money. I had a pair of bibs. They ripped on the first day I wore them hunting mule deer. I patched them. The next day I wore them was on my archery elk hunt later that season. They separated from one hip bone to the other all along the waist in the back. That was one drafty walk back to camp. My complaint letter that went with those was two pages long. They might work out well if you walk on the flat, don't carry a pack, or go over logs and other stuff but they DO NOT hold up to real western down and dirty hunting.

[Linked Image]