So here is the issue at hand (bad pun #1), I chronically hit high under speed with the Glock 22 based on how it fits my hand so I used the biggest backstrap included with the pistol to alter the point of aim. This was working pretty well and kept my rounds from going higher than needed.

Yesterday I was trying to push my limits from obscure angle draws (supine, support hand etc) and I hit a snag (bad pun #2). The backstrap flexed to far when I hit it with the web of my hand I was unable to release it from the holster. I had to completely regrip the gun to get it out and even then it was bent down enough to completely compromise the ability to handle the gun properly.

I think this is a very good example of a product that seems like a good idea on paper and was fine under moderate stress but when pushed hard failed horribly. It is already in the trash and I am glad I caught it before it really mattered. In the first photo you can see it is slightly bent down, it simply would not return to original form. I know that when I made my draw I did not come straight down for the grip, I came from an angle above the slide and that was enough for the web of my hand to grab the top of the backstrap and bend it right down. I know it has probably caused me a bobble or two before but I was probably catching it and adjusting my grip during the draw cycle. The other day I was really pushing it against the clock on a dry fire and with my muscles primed for maximum speed it simply folded like the cheap plastic it was. Sorry for the bad pictures but you get the point.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper