Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Show me how this is going to hurt the country? Because I can't see it. Maybe I'm just too ignorant of the facts. If that's the case, I'm willing to learn.

so show me how this is going to benefit America. That you can't see the harm in this, should embarrass you.
There is nothing in this that helps us. There is everything in this that will harm us. Financially, diplomatically, and from a security standpoint this harms us.
Mark my words, within a week, maybe two, obama will enter into an economic pact with Cuba, and give them many Billions of YOUR tax dollars.
Cuba has spied on us for years. Just the other day, hussein traded three of their thugs, including one that was plotting to down American planes IN AMERICA, for one lefty piece of chit of ours.
The regime there is evil incarnate.
NOTHING in this is of benefit to us. Period.

And how has 50+ years benefited the US or harmed Cuba? The majority of Cubans were poor in the 1950's under Batista and they are poor now. Cuba did have a wealthy class then, and not now, but the majority of the people were poor.

I have a friend whose step-father was Marcus Sterling, a law professor at the University of Havana and member of the Cuban Senate. He had a student (Fidel Castro) who wanted to overthrow Batista. Following the Cuban Revolution, the family fled Cuba and ended up in the US. The family always realized the futility of overthrowing Castro and are hopeful that today's developments will help the Cuban people.