Jesse- Thanks for the pics and perspective! Though I've never really lived/trained one I've been around my pard's and dad's Drathaars quite a bit hunting and just having them in camp. As you say, when coming from good stock they are machines! Funny that you mention cats. The two I've been around the most have not problem corning and making cats into multiple pieces.

That said, one thing that has really impressed me about their 3 dogs is the difference between them when in the field and around home/camp. They have a switch and seem like totally different dogs in the two different settings. This would be a new adventure for me, but lots of hand wringing and thought we used to come to this conclusion. That said, what I think and what is reality may or may not match. But, I'm thinking that either of the two breeds could be a fit for me. The plan is to start calling kennels/breeders in an ever widening circle after the first of the year and see about getting on some puppy lists. I do not foresee being able to get a dog until the summer at the earliest judging from what you posted, my pards told me (he's having to wait for a second litter as they didn't have enough in the most recent litter for him to get one), and reading of various breeders websites. I fully anticipate being interviewed and hope that I am no to proud to admit that these breeds may not be for me after going through that process.

PS- Thanks for not thinking I'm an asshat! laugh

Tyler

Last edited by pointer; 12/20/14.