Originally Posted by 4th_point
Thanks L. Honestly I hate rails due to the scope height even though I've used them on several rifles. And kydex tacos or stock purses are not my thing. But rails are strong and I've never had the system split or crack. Still a 42mm Chicken on a rail is not my first choice unless it can sit low.

Besides the mounts splitting, the ocular jam-nut on my FX-3 comes loose every 50 rounds or less on the Kimber if I don't keep an eye on it. I tighten the shhit out of it and can't get it any tighter even with a strap wrench. The 7-08 doesn't have much recoil so it must be something to do with the harmonics. The same scope never had an issue on a couple of 300 Win Mags. Only other rifle that would loosen the ocular was a 375 Ruger.

I've got Warne bases and Maximas ordered. I've had good luck with Maximas and they sit lower than most. I doubt I'll have an issue with those but if I do I'll post an update. Wish I could use Seekins rings but they won't fit the Warne bases.

Good luck with it. Keep us posted. I just put some Talley lightweights on a 7 pound 338. We'll see how they hold up...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA