I read this with interest because I own both a NH Featherweight Classic 6.5x55 bought NIB before the plant close down and a Super Grade .300 purchased new about a 3 weeks ago. The NH is a good shooter, fun to carry and with the large mag length and medium length cartridges easy to load with gloves on. A while back I function tested this rifle thoroughly and couldn't get it to fail. This rifle has been shot extensively with hand loads and always works.The down side is the attention to detail. The bolt face has a very small defect near the firing pin hole that does not effect function but leaves a small crease on the primer after firing. The rifle appears to have a pretty generous throat both in width and length. The back of the receiver is very poorly finished with machine marks visible, otherwise overall blue and wood finish is good. I still have the original box and price tag and for the $539 I paid for it wish I had purchased more. The Super Grade as to be expected has a very good finish on both wood and metal. All the small details are well done from the sling swivels,grip cap, wood finish and metal polish. A noteworthy item is that the bolt operates very smoothly. I only have approximately 40 rounds through the new gun but so far I am very happy with it.