Okay, time for the "Mission Impossible" fixes.

Let's start with the Raiders. Why? Because, for once, they actually have a QB. Derek Carr is quite good and could really be something special, if the Raiders get a clue as to how to build a team.

For 2015, they have $88.3M on the books. Of that, they can save $5.5M by cutting Matt Schaub. Darren McFadden is not signed to a contract for 2015, and after a 500 yard season should be offered a deal. MJD should be cut and save another $2.5M. Lamarr Woodley (5 tackles, no sacks), Antonio Smith (19 tackles, 3 sacks), Justin Tuck (38 tackles and 4 sacks), and Donald Penn (2 tackles, no sacks) should all be cut, saving $5.35M, $4M, $5M, and $5M each respectively.

Think about this: the Raiders had $32.5M (26% of their entire cap) tied up in these stats:

5/10 passing for 57 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs (QBR of 27.9)
194 carries for 617 yards (3.2 per carry), 2 TDs, 2 fumbles and one fumble lost
64 tackles, 7 sacks

Ouch.

Doing those needed cuts saves Oakland $32.5M, leaving them with just $55.8M on the books for 2015. The anticipated salary cap will be around $146M, meaning that Oakland would have about $90M to spend.

They need help on the O-line and in the running game (they are dead last in rushing yards per game at 78.2). They need help stopping the run, as they are 21st against the run. They could also use a veteran QB to assist with Carr's development. I also don't see Woodson coming back for yet another season, so there's a big hole in the secondary, a leader, and the leading tackler that needs to be replaced.

So, they need draft picks.

This might seem crazy, but hey, it's the Raiders. I'd contact Chicago about taking Cutler off their hands for the remainder of his two year contract, in exchange for trading first round picks this year, and taking Chicago's second round pick this year and perhaps a pick in 2016. Yes, that'd eat up about $15.5M in the $90M they have to spend, but doing so you'd have a veteran QB for a back-up, you'd pick up a second round pick this year, and you'd only move back from 3rd to 7th.

I'd look at trading that pick back to Cleveland, Buffalo, or especially Philly in order to get their 1st round pick this year and their second round pick this year.

If they did that, they'd have a mid-late 1st round pick, three picks in the second round and all high or mid round, and an extra pick in 2016.

With those picks, you could easily fill in the RB need, and find help for the D-line and O-line.

Use that largess in available funding to go after a YOUNG, but effective safety and a veteran TE, WR, and O-lineman.

If Oakland did that, they'd rather quickly be a team to be reckoned with.

I'm not even getting into the coaching situation.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.