Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by jwp475

A 45 ACP or 45 ACP +P with a good bullet will cleanly take deer and pigs.

Of course it will, but it won't match a .44Magnum performance wise for hunting. The Redhawk gives that flexibility.

The Redhawk can't match the carry capabilities of the 1911, either, so the 1911 takes that category easily, too.

Put the .45ACP and the .44Special in identical platforms, like a double action revolver with a 3", 4", or 5" barrel, and flip a coin as to the meaningful difference. When the two different platforms are considered, the platforms make the difference.

Not sure how or why you felt the need to bring a 44 mag or a RedHawks into the thread.

Since that's the .44 that the OP has and was discussing, I thought it pertinent.

Originally Posted by leomort
The reason behind my question is because I have a Redhawk in 44mag and 1911 45acp.

In an effort to get use to the recoil of the 44mag, I'm attempting to download to 44spec levels.

When it occurred to me, that I'm loading to similiar ballistics of the 45acp.

And from listening to other post that the 44mag doesn't have to be loading to magnum levels to be effective, then why not stick to 45apc or 45acp +p loads if not gaining much in performance?

Last edited by 4ager; 12/22/14.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.