How much would a big Roosey bull from the Oregon Coast dress out?

Biggest Bull I ever saw looked like a horse with horns. But that was the 1st of September, and he had not spent all his energy during the rut.

I guess he was between 800 -- 900 pounds on the hoof. He was tall, fat, and in prime condition.

By the time he was legal to hunt in November, he might have been under 700 pounds. According to Mule Deer, those big herd bulls don't eat much, if at all, for 6 to 8 weeks during the rut.

Assuming he was standing in a location where it was legal to hunt him, that I had a tag (bows only in September), and that I got him down, I expect he would have been 850 pounds on the hoof.

That roughly traslates to 340 pounds of meat and bones hanging on the hook at the butchers (head, hide, hoofs, and guts removed).

I usually lose about 30% more weight at the butchers (bones, damaged meat, etc.) That leaves 238 pounds of real meat to eat. And that's from the Biggest Roosevelt Bull, in full prime, that I have ever seen.

Just my 2 cents,

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II