Update - thanks guys for all the words of wisdom. Looked at several options and asked my local gunshop to see if we could get hold of a later model trigger to try. Arrived today, looked a million dollars compared to the old one. Took off old trigger, put new one in place, and no it wasnt the 2 bladed one, and it looked excellent except for one small detail - the hole for the attachment screw was 2mm closer to the front. Thought about machining the locating bump on the front to allow the screw to fit, but that meant the bolt was 2mm further back and wouldnt close without forcing it. Looked at filling the hole on either the trigger or the action and relocating it, perfectly doable, but another hour or 2 of labour I'd have to pay for. Tried the trigger by holding it in place and it was sweet, very crisp and light. Desperately wanted to make it work. But in the end decided I'd import a jacd trigger.
And then the gunshop owner said he could get me a Timney for $170! Way less than other retailers, so I have ordered one and hope to get it first week in the New Year. Why he didnt offer that in the first place I dont know, but hopefully will be remedied real soon.

Guide/Outfitter, NZ Backcountry Guides, fishing and hunting since 1985