[Linked Image]
I bought a 100 year old Win 1892, weighed it, took it apart, cleaned it, and within a couple hours, put it together again. It had lost MORE than a pound. That was a lot of dirt.
So I told my brother. He said "HA!", becuse he did it as teen ager with nothing but an exploded drawing, and he knew I used youtube.
It was true I used youtube. And NRA firearm disassembly book 1975 that has a page on the 1892 with instructions.
Most anyone could do this rifle with that info.

1) This guy on youtube, Jim Green, I really like.
He shows how to take apart a Win 1886 [like a big Win 1892]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTywA_y0sPA

2) Here is the book:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If you can't read this fine print, you could:
1) do control + on you keyboard to make it bigger and control - to make is smaller.
2) Right click on the pic and save to your desktop. Then manipulate the pic in what ever viewer is on your computer. I like Irfanview. That is a free download.

Off topic:
The same easy effort for the 1892 is not true for the Winchester 1895 that had even more dirt. But there is no youtube on it. And I cannot find instructions. I found a bad exploded drawing of the 1895. I had to figure out some things were impossible and make slave pins.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps