Originally Posted by RaySendero
Originally Posted by Kudu11
Is the Ruger 375 dead you ask! - Was it ever alive. - me thinks it was stillborn!

Yep - That's my thinking, too.

Nothing wrong with most of the new cartridges Ruger has developed (or helped with rifles/hand guns) over the years.

Most haven't caught-on.

Off-the-cuff, I can think of only 1 that "HAS", but a long list of "HAS NOTs".

Sorry, but the 375 Ruger is one that "HAS". It's found all over Africa now and is common in Alaska, especially in the rifles designed for that environment. I much prefer the Ruger to the H&H in standard Mauser type actions. To get a 375 H&H to fit a lot of metal has to be removed from the Mausers. The feed ramp and lower locking shoulder suffer, making the actions less rigid and weaker. Not so with 375 Ruger-chambered guns.

Custom gun makers are using standard length actions to chamber guns in the Ruger now.

I love older guns and cartridges. I shoot several short-chambered 16 gauge guns and a lot of old European rounds, but I also recognize excellent new offerings, as do many experienced hunters.

The 375 Ruger will stick around. It's what H&H would have designed, had they brought out their 375 these days. There's no need for the antiquated cordite powder case designs.

(I also love my 375 H&H Mdl 70 and my Sako 375 Wby wink )

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”