Tucker1965:

I solved that problem by doing it all. My wife is not into wilderness stuff like hunting but she wanted to join me on an Alaska trip. So I went caribou hunting north of Kotzebue. When that hunt was over, I flew back to Anchorage (most flights go through Anchorage anyway) and met her at the airport. We then did all the neat tourists stuff that she wanted to do; museums, etc. in and around Anchorage, Denali Natl Park & Preserve, Fairbanks, Tok, Valdez, Whittier, and we both went fishing for halibut on a party boat out of Seward. There's a fun day cruise out of Whittier into Prince William Sound to see glaciers, and another day cruise out of Seward into Kenai Fiords Natl Park to watch wales and other marine life. Everyone happy. grin

[Linked Image]

I did the same thing in the panhandle. I hunted and then met her in Sitka. We spent a couple of weeks touring Sitka, Gustavus (took a day cruise into Glacier Bay Natl Park), Haines, Skagway (there's a fun guided day tour), rode the White Pass & Yukon R/R, rented a car and drove into Canada for a couple of days, and toured Juneau and vicinity. Some of it we did on the Alaska Marine Highway ferries and some short flights. Had a great time again.
laugh

You might surprise yourself by how good a travel agent you are if you spend some time on the Internet looking for day tours, historical parks, state parks, national parks, day cruises, hiking and other recreational activities.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.