So I suppose the anti-vaccine nutjobs have been having a gleeful field day since the CDC announced the "failure" of this year's flu vaccine to cover the predominant strain of Influenza A sweeping across the planet. Chitt happens. Bunches of folks who got the vaccine are getting sick with this non-covered strain, and I truly feel bad for them, because as I've said before, influenza isn't anything like a "bad cold", as some have asserted. It's some serious chitt that makes you wonder if you should pray that God spare your life, or just take you now.

Anyways, I just got another bulletin from the Texas health authority saying that there is a strain of "Influenza-Like Illness" running through the South like chitt through a goose, and it's almost as bad as influenza, except it's not influenza.

I happen to know about it because I came down with it on Monday and I feel like the proverbial ten pounds of chitt in a five pound bag.

Not that there's anything anybody can do about it, if you get it, you get it. Just sayin' you should watch out. Wash your hands, and if people come to work with this chitt tell them to get their sorry asses home and not infect the whole office. A luxury I don't have, since people come to see ME when they feel like this, which is why I'M sick now, too.

Am I whining? Goddam right I am. Jeez.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars