I'm looking for a used ultramag for an action. An sps or adl synthetic will work.

My 8.5 twist Bartlien 7mm rem mag sporters are going to ship next week. My blanks are 29" long because I had them add an inch to the breach end so a guy could set one back later or just cut an inch off both ends to start. I could finish up to 27" and still drop in a rem stock. Although I really like long barrels less and less these days. My 26" 264 seems too long to me now. I'm really considering building a 24" 28 nosler.

I built a 26" lrm a few years ago and it never really impressed me. It didn't seem to have any more capacity than a 7 rem and had pressure issues once I got the 180's to 3000. The long neck seemed like a nice idea but in the end I wished they would have left it forward a bit and had more boiler room. I think this 28 nosler might be more what I wanted from the lrm.

Lot's of good high BC 7 bullets out there including the new ablr's and scenars. A non-belted, stw-ish capacity, sub 3.4" coal 7 sounds worth a try to me. I wonder what ever happened with the rumored 195g berger hybrid? Something like that might work in my 8.5 twist barts with this case behind it. 2950ish with about a .8 G1 BC ...

Bb