Here is a copy of a response from Hornady from a while back that many of you may have already seen regarding the WSM that someone else received when asking if Hornady would produce any ammo for the 300 WSM...

"Thank you for your inquiry. Sorry we don't and won't. A royalty is required. You might note WSM's are being chambered by fewer gun company's because of inherent feeding problems, increased manufacturing costs, and royalty.

Thank you again for your inquiry."

Pair this with their spiteful description of the 300 WSM in the 9th edition manual and the apparent (to me anyway) lack of widespread interest in their RCM offerings and you have what I see as a child's reaction to losing. It laughable considering the RCM and RSAUM would at least as likely (maybe even more so) to have feeding issues based on the criteria that are commonly used to explain any possible feeding issues with the WSM.

I have a 270 WSM and 300 WSM and neither has a problem feeding. The 270 WSM is in an X-bolt and the 300 WSM is in a new M70. The M70 needed some slight surface polishing to make it feed a little more smoothly, but no more so than any other caliber I've had in that model.

I'm not anti-Hornady or RCM... I shoot their bullets, use their dies and even bought a 6.5 Creedmoor recently. I just felt a need to vent a little about their childish behavior. I don't expect anyone else to agree, just my opinion.