Originally Posted by Reloder28
Looking for a quality bag that is compressible, light, wide & warm to 0�. I sleep with my knees drawn up so it can't be narrow.

Your help?

Western Mountaineering. Love my Antelope, but I don't hardly fit in the dang thing anymore. I only weigh about 10 lbs more than I did 20 years ago......pizzes me off.......

Like Brad recommended, the semi-rectangular bags are a better bet for those over 40.

WM bags are kinda' pricey. I have been liking my Big Agnes synthetic Encampment and Farwell bags with the integral sleeping pad arrangement. The Farwell is a 0 degree bag. I have slept in a tent with my long handles on when it was 0 outside with the Farwell with no issues. I'm a fairly warm sleeper.

Down lasts longer and of course is more expensive than synthetic but down is also more susceptible to moisture degrading its insulating qualities. Some companies have begun offering a treated down that is more hydrophobic. The jury is still out on its efficacy.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.