Originally Posted by postoak
TC1 - so that's a .338H&H of your making on the right in the photo?

Did you just neck the case up? Are people here saying that there would be so much headspace that if fired in an actual chamber the case would split?

And if that is the case, couldn't a chamber be made that would exactly mirror the case you made so that the headspace wouldn't be excessive?

Yes, I made it and no, case splits or headspacing wouldn't be any more of a problem than a .300 H&H. Being an old magnum case you simply headspace off the belt. That's what it's there for. It would work every bit as well as a .300 H&H. A chamber reamer is a simple matter too. The bullet cannelure can just be ignored if even necessary like on so many other wildcats and you can get dies for it too.

The problem's I found with it were A. The rifle action would require a little extra work for the H&H cases. Not really a big deal but it's a consideration and B. Like most other wildcats out there, it didn't offer any real advantage to whats already on the market.

I toyed with idea for a while but decided I didn't want one bad enough to pursue it. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work if that's what you want.

Terry