Breathers are good now and again.

While not in a position to comment on the merits of your size dies I would suggest you make a point of starting to locate some pure lead and tin. Fellow I've dealt with in the past is John Walters of Moore, OK. (405)799-0376 or his email is: tinwadmancox.net He will ship flat rate and has the lowest cost lead I've found from a retail distributor. Also makes the famed Walters Wad for BPCR work. A perfect gentleman.

I do have experience casting Hindenburgs, they size pretty much like little bullets if all else is the same. The problems you're having suggest to me that you have a hard alloy. The highest melt temp required for casting bullets runs about 800* give or take, that for pure lead. Alloys work at lower temps, 700* or so, fudged a bit one way or the other. The frosting you refer to is an indicator of unnecessarily hot melt. It will not hurt anything to shoot frosted bullets...they work fine.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain