Originally Posted by broomd
It sure was. Immaculate rifle in a great chamber from a good seller. Tough to beat that.
If I didn't already own a 700 FS in '.06 I would have purchased it before the GB sale...

I also have to say that the presentation and number of photos was first rate. The straight wood grain is pretty standard, but one could see it clearly for what it is.

Given the fact that it is almost certainly unfired, NITB and complete with papers and box, in a popular caliber, and from a trustworthy seller, I can see someone wanting it enough to pay the price. It is a nice rifle and getting hard to find, certainly in this condition.

Personally, I have been getting them for less, ranging from about $750 to 1550, but who is to say that that will continue. The LH Model 70 Classic is my favorite model of rifle by far.

BTW, while I have had awfully good luck in buying here from great sellers, trust is a valuable item, as I have learned over the years from my law practice. There's nothing like it.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).