Today I picked up my VX-6 from the 'smith who had it for several weeks to check it out. I decided to lay them both out on sand bags and look at the deer antlers 131 yards away in the woods. With the z5 on 5X I could see the small fork on one of the antlers. I decided to use it for comparing. The VX-6 set on 4X didn't allow me to see the fork. I turned it up barely and still couldn't make out the fork. Again I barely turned it up and could see the fork. I checked the magnification setting: barely below 5X. Maybe 4.9X if the scale is correct.

I switched to another fork (there are two sets of antlers) and could definitely make it out with the VX-6 but could discern only the main beam up to where the fork was with the z5. I asked my adult grandson, whom I have never involved in my comparison before this, if he would take a look through them. He came up with the same observation.

I remember the first time I looked though a high dollar scope. I had my trusty Tasco and a friend had a Kahles. Things looked bleached out in the Tasco while everything had vibrant colors in the Kahles. Today I noticed the slightest of the same thing with the two scopes. The z5 view was whiter but still displayed great color. The VX-6 showed more than a hint more color with the increased observation of more detail.

Awhile back someone asked me about the eye box. I asked my grandson to watch me move my head. First I got my eye to about the best I could see in the z5 and moved my head to the side till everything was black. I then said, "Now." When I got to the other side when it went black I again said, "Now." I went back and forth a couple times and moved to the VX-6. He told me I was moving more with the second scope. I kinda thought the same thing.

The VX-6 uses a 34mm tube! The z5 has a 1" tube.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter