Originally Posted by KDK
Originally Posted by high_country_
I have :m8000x2 m10000, m12000 &RE12000. The re is easily the king of power but slow as mold. It can't be stalled by less than 24k under any circumstances. For speed, ease of use and weight I like the m8000. I have one on a multi mount and a permanent mount on the back of my jeep. I have used the rear winch more than the front when self recovering mostly because of its speed over the re12 on the front. The 8274 is the KING of speed, but takes up a fair bit of real estate.

Can you show a pic of this, please?

I am not finding a pic handy right now, but I made the rear just like the front, but I cut a piece out of the center and added a 3/8" plate drilled for the winch. I had to angle my spare up a bit to clear the winch. I ran welding lead through hose and conduit to the rear winch and mounted the solenoid facing up to keep it compact. I used a hawse fairlead on the rear as that is what i had handy when I built it.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.