Originally Posted by rattler
after applying for everything under the sun the last 3 months i finally got called in for an interview yesterday.....heard through the grapevine today(gotta love small towns) that im hired but dont have a start date yet, guessing next week.....get to be a Civil Engineering Technician for the Montana Department of Transportation....

this ought to be interesting, only ever worked for small businesses but the pay is comparable with what i made at the paper plus lots of overtime in the summer and benefits and easy enough for me to take time off in the winter to disappear to go do something....more than 5 days in a row took an act of god at the paper....

Tattler,

I hate your guts largely due to the things you've posted about me relaying the same sentiment. And, yes, you did it first.

Soooo.......I'm gonna be nice here just to show you that I'm the better man.

Congrats on a great job and work hard to learn everything about vertical and horizontal design and roadway geometry and paving and flexible pavements and such. You may be able to work your way into a desk job (read.....AutoCAD) very soon if your knees give out.

Congrats on landing a good job and super-duper opportunity with a good org with great benes. Take it and enjoy. This may very well be a golden opportunity for you.

I work in a very similar field just a tad bit up the ladder from your new position. I now have 40 people and several departments under me.

So......again......congrats on a good one. But don't expect me to be nice like this EVER again. Ever.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.