Originally Posted by Anjin
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Looking for a rifle that was manufactured on my actual birthday....166 M70's were also born on that date....have come within a couple hundred on the serial # range a few times. Range is stored in my cellphone and it's a perfect excuse to handle and closely examine every M70 that I come across.

Just out of curiosity, what basis do you have for thinking that you could get one made on your birthday? I was unaware that factory records would have that data.

In fact, I am under the impression that assembly involves going to the parts bin and finding
a certain caliber barrel, possibly made 1-2 years before, then fitting it to other parts ofuncertain vintage. Would assembly be complete in a single day?

I'm not thinking that I could get one made on my birthday, I'm absolutely certain that I could identify a M70 made on my actual birthday if I should be lucky enough to come across it. Polishing Room records (the date a rifles receiver was serialized) exist for a range of dates which include my birthday.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson