Originally Posted by bearstalker
You like to shoot but only fire 30-50 rounds per year in a given firearm? grin

Yea I know don't sound like a lot. My range is at my hunting property 6 miles of rough road from my house. I get there once a week or so but often its to cut wood or fix up my hunting shanty or deer stands. And my wife don't like to go when I'm going to be shooting. She still has good hearing and don't like wearing the earplugs. In good weather we-I usually go by ATV with no room for gun, ammo, sandbags,etc.
When I go to shoot one of my rifles its usually a special trip just to shoot and I maybe shoot 3-4 three shot groups with cool down between groups. Sometimes I will try a 100yd offhand shot or knelling, just to reassure myself that I can still shoot without bags.
Have had the a-bolt 270wsm 13years now and figger have put at least 2000 rounds through it. (yea use to shoot a lot more) And I have seen some throat erosion. I'm running out of magazine room to seat the bullet longer and I guess I am shooting less to save the expense of having the barrel set back or worse yet, re barreled. Wasn't for that would probably shoot 30-40 times each session.