Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
I'm with Bob here. I have no desire any more to fiddle with a fussy out-of-the-box rifle.

I like the looks of the Kimbers and I generally like their features, especially their weight, and their price. In fact when I built a 340 on a Rem 700 action I had a Sako extractor (I had had a Rem "thumb nail" extractor break on me) and a 3-position safety installed along with a tuned Timney trigger as it was to be an "Alaskan gun." It had a Brown Prec stock and Pach pad -- sort of Kimberesque for a heavy medium at 8.5lbs all up.

I have nothing against the Kimber rifles having never had one; it's a moot point for me as I'm a lefty but this CRF affectation is kind of lost on me. CRF is about as necessary in the "lower 48" as mammary glands on a boar. I won't argue about it as it's been beaten pretty well here and elsewhere. P-Fs have been used successfully everywhere including Africa. It's. It's not that I don't like CRF but neither do I dislike P-Fs.

It's just when it's held up to be a redeeming feature of a rifle and superior to the same with P-F that I wince.

For a guy that doesn't like fiddling with rifles, you sure had a lot done to that 340... grin

As far as CRF, that's not even a factor for me. There still isn't anything that can touch a Kimber Montana. CRF or otherwise.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house