I've been trying to make the little Explorer work as a truck for nearly half a year, and while it's a surprisingly capable wagon, it just couldn't quite get it done. So I've been on the hunt for a good, used 4X4 truck for the last couple of months. No surprise, everything is either totally hammered or way more cash than I wanted to part with.

Watching Craigslist daily, this one popped up on Friday. 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4, extended cab with the 5.3 V8 and Z71 offroad package and 106K miles. Good, says I! Turns out it also has the LT2 package and bucket seats. Even better! It also has the heavy towing package and 3.73 gears with locking rear. Excellent! The owner just had all the fluids changed, new tires installed, and other goodies. Truck has been very well maintained and is in really good condition. Bought it on the spot.

Hit Craigslist when I got home and found a perfect camper shell about 200 miles away for $600 (was $1500 new). Called the man, said I'd take it, and picked it up the next day.

The ~400 mile round trip, which was 90% highway, netted 19.7 hand-calculated MPG. I'm extremely happy right now!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~