Originally Posted by LEADMINER
I didn't speak to Floyd but do have a 1640 coming from them later this week. It is supposed to be pretty nice...at least the metal. The stock will be poor but I have a Hi Tech stock that should work on this. Can't see how you can go wrong with one of these but we'll see. I have another Husqvarna (4100) that has been a great little rifle. The trigger is not great but have been thinking of trying the Huber which is supposed to use the original side safety. How are you coming on the Kimber graduation present?

Got the barrelled action back from Bartlein 10 days or so ago. Took almost exactly 6 months. One avenue for getting the stock blank cut didn't work and I'm trying to get pictures of what some other duplicators can provide. After getting son to shoulder various rifles unlike those he has it seems a high monte carlo actually fits his build best. Long neck, sloping shoulders, 6'2" with a 36" sleeve. My Weatherby Mk V felt good to him as far as shoulder and cheek position go but needs probably a 14 1/2" pull. An old Interarms Mk X also would work with a higher comb. After all that what looks like would be good is >>>>>THIS<<<<< at Richards MicroFit after a little customizing but I'm leary of sending in the blank after the mixed reviews they get. If anybody knows who might inlet a blank for me in a similar monte carlo pattern I'd appreciate the info.

edit: Not looking for all the hooked pistol grip, reverse forend tip and stuff. That will get rasped away. Mostly looking for something with that buttstock style.

Last edited by shootem; 02/10/15.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."