Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I studied the stock and like laminated for such a gun, not the style so much. If it was mine, I'd whack that hugh grip cap and remove enough wood to create more of a classic Mauser type grip, maybe open the grip curve a bit.

That one looks pretty solid.
DF

Me, Myself, & I, We like that stock as is.

Some people even like chevy, while ugh some like dodge. <G>

laugh

A buddy of mine if fond of saying, never mess with a Dodge owner. He's already mad... shocked

That stock sure does have the 60's look and is really well done. I'm the type that always wants to mess with something, so my reaction was to cut a safari type stock out of that one. But, I see the OP's point of letting it be what it is and enjoying it like he found it.

Amazing find. Wonder what that Brevex action alone is worth, not counting the great barrel...?

Don't you know, some advanced gun nut put that together. It would be another great story to know the history of that gun. Too many guys pass on to their rewards, leaving behind guns like that with no one around to know what they have.

I heard it said a gun nut's greatest concern: When he died, his wife would sell his guns for what he told her he paid... wink

DF